Every attempt has been made to ensure accuracy; please independently verify all data.
Published on: 09 Dec 2014
Updated: 22 Nov 2016
Descendant and Researchers:
Pamela Beal – Blondie661@hotmail.com – Direct Descendant
First Generation in the New World
1. WILLIAM¹ FRESSELL/FRISELL, “Scotsman”, was born in Scotland and died at Concord, Middlesex, Massachusetts on 25 Jan 1684. He married at Concord on 28 Nov 1667, HANNA CLARKE.
Is Hanna Clarke a SPOW descendant? Possibly a daughter of John Clarke? “The inventory of William Ffrizel Scotsman who died on the 25th of January 1684 in Concord: taken on the 18th of March 1684…” See below.
“30 March 1671 – Inquest on George Heaward Senior who was drowned helping Wm. Frizzell over the river in a canoe.” signed by many local men See: Middlesex County, MA: Abstracts of Court Files, 1649–1675. (Online database: AmericanAncestors.org, New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2003), (Unpublished abstracts by Thomas Bellows Wyman, “Abstract of Middlesex court files from 1649,” n.d.), page 119.
Children of William and Hannah (Clarke) Frisell:
2. HANNAH² FRISELL, (William¹), b. at Concord, Massachusetts on 12 Sep 1669.
2. WILLIAM² FRIZELL, (William¹), b. at Concord* on 14 Oct 1671*; died at Concord on 13 Oct 1699. MVR to 1850, Concord, page 58.
2. JOHN FRISELL, (William¹), was born at Concord on 28 Dec 1673.
2. ELIZABETH FRISELL, (William¹), was born at Concord on 1 Mar 1674/5.
2. MARY FRISELL, (William¹), was born at Concord on 1 Oct 1677.
SOURCES AND NOTES:
Early Vital Records of Massachusetts, Concord Registers, Book 1, page 13:
“William Frisell & Hanna Clarke married 28 Nov 1667”
Early Vital Records of Massachusetts, Concord Births, Marriages and Deaths, page 14: “Hanna daughter of William Frisell & Hanna his wife borne, 12; Sep; 69”