Every attempt has been made to ensure accuracy; please independently verify all data.
Published on: 09 Mar 2016
Updated: 18 Oct 2016
Descendants and Researchers:
Michael Edminster – firstname.lastname@example.org – Descendant & Researcher
Wesley David Edminister – email@example.com – Descendant & Researcher
Maura Mackowski – firstname.lastname@example.org – Descendant & Researcher
Elizabeth (Bowe) Boggs – email@example.com – Researcher
Name Variations: Edmester, Edminster, Edminister, Edmunster, Edmister
First Generation in the New World
1. JOHN EDMINSTER, was presumably born in Scotland about 1633/1638 and died after 1679. He married, first, at Charlestown, Massachusetts, by 1663, HANNAH (_____). He married, second, at Charlestown on 17 Jun 1679, by Magistrate Thomas Danforth the widow, SARAH (_____) T[H]OMPSON. Sarah is the widow of George THOMPSON a Scottish POW from the Battle of Dunbar.
1. 1679 – “John Edmunster & Sarah Tompson, widow, m. by Mr. Thomas Danforth, Magist., June 17, 1679.” Massachusetts Vital Records to 1850 (Online Database: AmericanAncestors.org, New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2001-2016).
2. 1688 – Charlestown, Massachusetts Census John Edmister. Massachusetts: Miscellaneous Censuses Substitutes, 1630–1788, 1840, 1890 (Online database. AmericanAncestors.org. New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2013. From records supplied by Ancestry.com)
3. Could James Edmester in the Torrey’s marriage record below be another son of John?
Children of John and Hannah (_____) Edminster:
2. JOHN EDMINSTER, b. at Charlestown on 12 Mar 1665. SEE: Charlestown VR
SOURCES AND NOTES: